Why recruit at IIT Tirupati?
- IIT Tirupati is one of the most rapidly developing third-generation IITs.
- Our institute employs top notch faculty from reputed institutes in India and abroad.
- Our institute has setup a wonderful academic infrastructure.
- As we strive to meet the rapidly changing needs of companies today, our students can help you reach greater heights by combining classroom and real time experiences.
- All of the events are student-led, which help them improve their interpersonal skills.
- The curriculum is constructed in such a way that it allows students to select electives from various streams of science and engineering.
- All the undergraduate students graduating in 2023 were offered summer internships in diverse roles across various domains by national and international academic as well as research industries.
- A total of 40 MoUs have been signed between IIT Tirupati and corporate firms like Nvidia Graphics Private Limited and also international universities such as Canada's University of Calgary, Texas A&M Engineering Equipment Station, and Nagaoka University of Technology(Japan). Furthermore, public sector organizations such as the Indian Navy and ISRO have inked MoU with IIT Tirupati
IIT Tirupati, since its inception in 2015 as one of the six third-generation IITs, has been keen on creating an appropriate and state-of-the-art academic and research infrastructure. The Institute currently offers five bachelor's degree (B. Tech) programs in various engineering disciplines, namely Civil, Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical, and Mechanical. Currently, there are four master's degree (M.Tech) Programmes offered by Civil Engineering, three in Electrical, and one each in Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering departments. MS and PhD programmes are offered in all the disciplines. In addition, M. Sc. programs are offered in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics & Statistics. Further, a Masters's degree in Public Policy is being offered from 2022.
In the year 2015, the Government of Andhra Pradesh has given 548 acres of land for setting up the permanent campus. The construction of stage 1 of the permanent campus which caters to 2,500 students, 250 faculty members, and 275 staff members has been completed. Facilities including laboratories, classrooms, hostels, two departmental buildings, and a sports complex are fully operational from July 2022.
Along with young and dynamic faculty members who have joined after completing their doctoral programs and postdoctoral training from reputed Universities/Institutes across the world, IIT Tirupati has several senior faculties from other established IITs. Being energetic they are setting up world-class research facilities and programs at IIT Tirupati. This has allowed the students to get involved in these cutting-edge research initiatives. Students are also actively engaged in research opportunities inside and outside IIT Tirupati. As part of their curriculum, the graduating bachelor's degree completed their summer internship in renowned companies/ universities. This internship experience has provided them with an opportunity to connect the classroom knowledge with its real-world applications.
The Institute also provides an environment that fosters curiosity and creativity within and beyond the classroom. With a strong emphasis on theory and fundamentals, the students have participated in various technical events around the country like Smart India Hackathon and Inter IIT Tech meet. Along with academics, we encourage our students to participate in extra-curricular activities as well. Students, faculty, and staff of the Institute have always been zestful in organizing co-curricular and extra-curricular activities such as the celebration of Techno-Cultural festival Tirutsava, National Service Scheme activities, Institute day, etc. Rural engagement is a core activity for NSS volunteers of IIT Tirupati who adopted five villages to assist in improving the standards of life in those villages. They have been going to villages to spread awareness in respect of various government programs such as Pulse Polio Abhiyan, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, etc. The students actively participate in numerous clubs such as adventure, photography, astronomy, music, chess, social outreach, etc. Students have taken up excellent initiatives to set up the sports and cultural events on campus that have helped the students to hone collective responsibility skills and leadership qualities.
Being a new Institute, IIT Tirupati is aggressively pursuing opportunities to collaborate with leading Indian & multinational companies, public sector organizations, financial institutions, and others. We highly value our partnership with the Industry and remain committed to making your recruiting experience with IIT Tirupati productive and positive.
We cordially invite you to IIT Tirupati for the on-campus placement process.
Prof. K. N. Satyanarayana
Director, IIT Tirupati.